There’s a time in life when we start to take retirement planning seriously. Ideally, that will be in your 40s or earlier. However, even if you’re in your 50s or 60s, we can still help you plan successfully for the next stage of your life.
People approach us because they:
- Want to retire now and need to understand whether that’s possible
- Would like confirmation of when they can retire and the lifestyle they will be able to lead
- Are seeking expert advice and a proactive approach from someone who can give them the answers they are looking for
- Need advice on their Defined Benefit (also known as Final Salary) pension
We help in several key ways:
- Prepare: We’ll help you prepare financially and emotionally for retirement
- Visualise: We’ll uncover your needs, wants and expectations and then use sophisticated cashflow planning software to help you visualise your financial future
- Honesty: We won’t sugar coat things. Instead, we’ll provide you with an honest assessment of what’s possible, even if that sometimes involves harsh truths.
We’re proud to be a firm that has met the criteria to achieve the Pension Transfer Gold Standard as set out by the Personal Finance Society. The Pension Transfer Gold Standard is a voluntary code of good practice for safeguarded and Defined Benefit pension transfer advice. You can learn more here.
What our clients say
Mr Jones, Bishops Stortford, client of Gareth’s since 2011
Mr & Mrs Moreham, Newport, client of Gareth’s since 2016
Terry, Caerphilly, client of Gavin’s since 2016
Wanted to take early retirement.
How did they help you?
Helped with everything in relation to my request, sound advice and excellent service.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
What could they have done better?
Nothing to my knowledge
Kathryn, Risca, client of Gavin’s since 2015
Financial advice about transferring an occupational pension into a private pension.
Helped by giving advice which was thorough and comprehensive, identifying the pros and cons of each financial option available. Then managing and coordinating the transfer of the pension, from the occupational pension to a private pension, and monitoring its performance.
The pension is now invested in a suitable personal pension, which is appropriate to my individual needs, the outcome has been very favorable.