We’re proud to be a firm that has met the criteria to achieve the Pension Transfer Gold Standard as set out by the Personal Finance Society. The Pension Transfer Gold Standard is a voluntary code of good practice for safeguarded and Defined Benefit pension transfer advice.
The Pension Transfer Fold Standard seeks to give Defined Benefit pension holders confidence when they are considering transferring out of a scheme. The nine core principles of the Pension Transfer Gold Standard are:
- Helping clients understand when advice is appropriate
- Ensuring advice given supports the clients’ overall wellbeing in the context of their stated objectives
- Ensuring client understanding and acceptance of all charges
- Ensuring the most appropriate and updated technical skills are applied
- Transparent management of Conflicts of Interest
- Helping clients understand the cost of transferring benefits
- Avoiding unregulated investments and introducers
- Transparency in advice processes and outcomes
- Promoting the Consumer Guide to the Pension Transfer Gold Standard
Firms that adopt the Pension Transfer Gold Standard must:
- Have regulatory permissions for provisions or pension transfer advice. Therefore, we have demonstrated high levels of the financial and technical knowledge required to appropriately advise on pension transfers.
- Not currently be under any form of ongoing regulatory sanction by the regulator or accredited body in this field of advice. You can, therefore, rest assured that we operate to the highest standards.
- Have adopted all the principles of the Pension Transfer Gold Standard without exception. Accordingly, you can have confidence that we will uphold the above principles.
By working with a firm that has voluntarily committed to the Pension Transfer Gold Advice, you can be confident that you will receive the best possible advice, service and support when considering transferring out of a Defined Benefit pension scheme.
You can learn more about the Pension Transfer Gold Standard by reading their consumer guide here.
If you wish to know more about The Pension Transfer Gold Standard and how it relates to our practices, services and experiences, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What our clients say
Mr Jones, Bishops Stortford, client of Gareth’s since 2011
Mr & Mrs Moreham, Newport, client of Gareth’s since 2016
Terry, Caerphilly, client of Gavin’s since 2016
Wanted to take early retirement.
How did they help you?
Helped with everything in relation to my request, sound advice and excellent service.
What is your current situation? Have you seen the outcome you were hoping for?
What could they have done better?
Nothing to my knowledge
Kathryn, Risca, client of Gavin’s since 2015
Financial advice about transferring an occupational pension into a private pension.
Helped by giving advice which was thorough and comprehensive, identifying the pros and cons of each financial option available. Then managing and coordinating the transfer of the pension, from the occupational pension to a private pension, and monitoring its performance.
The pension is now invested in a suitable personal pension, which is appropriate to my individual needs, the outcome has been very favorable.