Here are some housekeeping rules:
- If you are here expecting market updates and commentary you are in the wrong place
- There will be no doom and gloom surrounding the world. We leave that to the newspapers and twitter
- This will be informative and, on some occasions, a fun page about what we are up to, new developments and occasional encouraging words of wisdom
- Think of us as your friend down the pub… who actually knows what they are talking about
- We encourage you to contact us if there is anything you would like us to discuss on here. We can’t help with the theory of relativity or who actually shot JR, but we can certainly answer some burning questions about financial planning
Let’s start with a bit about us
A Fresh Approach to Your Finances
At Sanctuary, we’re here to help you take control of your money with clear, simple and solid financial solutions that will allow you to take control of your finances and make your money work for you and your future.
We want to help clients answer the question of how much is “Enough”?
What is the magic number they need to get to their goal? Whether that’s retiring, selling a business or buying that holiday home abroad. We can help them answer that.
Sanctuary Financial Planning was formed in December 2018 bring together Financial planners Gareth Shears, Gavin Kingsley, James Baker and Shane Hyland, supported by Kathryn Pritchard and Clare Giles with over 50 years’ experience in the Financial services industry.
All four planners worked for Directly Authorised firms prior to forming Sanctuary from two separate locally established firms.
The reason for joining forces was we felt financial advice needed a fresh approach; each of us at Sanctuary have a passion for changing the way our profession is perceived and make us standout as a profession.
As a company we want to ensure we are client centric in our approach and less focussed on products (pensions, insurances etc) which historically, financial advice has been based on.
We believe that Financial planning is about creating a long-term, coherent strategy to help you meet your lifetime financial goals and aspirations through the efficient management of your finances. It is about giving you peace of mind if you are “on track” and about creating direction to your finances if you aren’t.
We see financial planning as a process rather than a one-off exercise. If the process is strictly followed, the chances of meeting your objectives will be considerably improved.
Why are we different?
- Fixed fee – no percentages or hidden charges
- Fresh approach to Financial Planning
- Highly qualified and still learning – we are in a knowledge-based profession
- We put the client at the forefront and not the product
- Clear Simple Solutions
- Cash flow planning experts
Over the coming weeks we will tell you a little bit about each of us here at Sanctuary and get under the skin of each key member of the team.
Don’t forget to explore the website and learn more about what we have to offer